It’s Saturday and time for Rouhani to contradict his earlier statements, he even can’t keep up his lies in the same speech for long! While officials in Khuzestan, Lorestan, Kurdistan, Kerman, Fars and Sistan&Baluchestan have warned about the soar of novel coronavirus cases in their provinces, Rouhani said, “We have 218 “white” counties in the country. We are in very good position but the virus is not gone, our doctors and IRIB must inform people that nothing is over and we all have to follow the specific rules for this period. We have to educate people more about this disease.”
This all seems fine and sound advice, but this is the same individual telling people “everything will go back to normal from next Saturday” several times. The same person who reopened the country on April 11, downplaying the disease since day one by saying it’s like flu (despite warnings from health experts) and lying about the statistics fooling people into believing the disease is under control!
He also added, “White and Yellow zones don’t mean everything is fine in those places. It could change the next day!” So why on earth would you “color” the map?! What is the point if there is no actual “white” space?! He has reopened the country “BUT” he warns people not to get too close to each other? What kind of twisted logic is that?! Khamenei and other officials have repeatedly said “this is not a big deal and prayer could get rid of it”, “BUT we haven’t educated people enough”! Their new scapegoat is the word, BUT!
After all those warnings, he goes ahead and orders the following:
1) Quds Day will be held in “white zones” as Friday prayer and not demonstration. In Tehran (red zone) the ceremony will be symbolic and in cars! Rouhani said IRGC has accepted the responsibility for Tehran! Everybody, buckle up and look out for “human errors”!
2) All mosques across the country could hold “Eid Fitr Prayer” if they follow the social distancing rules! How these rules are enforced, only he knows!?
3) Outdoor surroundings of “Imam Reza Holy Shrine” and other holy locations will reopen for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon for short pilgrimages.
4) Restaurants will reopen to full function after Ramadan (May 24).
5) All universities will be back in session from June 1 at full capacity! Just imagine students from all over the country traveling to their universities for classes, exams,…! They would have to stay in dorms,… It’s just a disaster! I guess the map of Iran should turn all “red” but they would keep some “white” and most “yellow” places just to save face in the contest they have with US and other countries!
6) All sporting events would resume but without spectators.
He admitted the chaos in government in managing the crisis in the beginning and said, “We have taken control of the situation and everybody is on the same page!” In a few minutes he said, “I was randomly checking some reports about positive test results and saw people are not called to be informed of their test results. A patient was given positive results in one government agency and negative in another, so he’s gone to work! Each doctor has his own opinion and test to diagnose a patient. This must be fixed and everybody must use the same protocols and tests! All directives must be enforced!”
His begging bowl was in his hands again asking people to assist the government in helping people who have lost their jobs and are struggling to make ends meet. However, there’s no report of what has happened to all the money foreign countries had sent them? Or the 1 billion Euros Khamenei so graciously “allowed” to be used for people from National Development Fund?! Or why don’t they use billions of dollars in NDF, if this is not a rainy day, what is?! Or maybe they have gotten used to getting bailed out by the kind-hearted Iranians? Thanks to the regime’s catastrophic priorities, management and corruption that ship has sailed!
Khuzestan announced another 331 cases in the past 24 hours! The graphs show the uptrend after a short plateau and growth factors remain above 1! BUT, the death rate must stay below 7%, however possible!
Total: 118,392 (+1,757)
Dead: 6,937 (+35)
Critical: 2,716 (-11)
Admitted: 18,308 (+411)
Tests: 672,679 (Number of labs wasn’t mentioned in today’s news. Officials may have finally figured out there are discrepancies when they lie.)
Iran International Death Toll: 13,193 (Last updated on April 25)